Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why I do what I do...

God, Im beyond tired. I feel like I need toothpicks to prop my eyes open. Between having to stay up until 4am every night to watch the eventing live on tv form the Olympics. Training wild horses by day, and organizing fundraising for my upcoming trip to Fiji, I feel I'm burning the candle to the core,at both ends.

Luckily I have such amazing wild horses, who want to work, and that put up with a trainer who was defintly not as alert as usal today.

For me this Fiji trip is really important,I loved my time spent in Egypt. Working with the animals and also the people. I know Fiji will probably be the same, at times heartbreaking at other inspiring. But I think it's important that when you can you do your bit to help other, whether it be animals or people. This is what got me into training wild horses, to be able to show the potential of these animals that otherwise had no future, to save a few lives. The work I do with Kiwi Care Team, I do for the same reasons, hopefully to help improve a few lives, and offer relief to those suffering. I know I won't change the world. But animal welfare is defintly an issue that's close to my heart, and at the end of the day makes me feel good about myself, keeps me driven to do more,see more and help more. It's and adventure as well, and a adrenalin rush, working in exotic places like Egypt as well as training wild horses. So really maybe all I actually am,is an adrenalin junkie...although right now I feel like I need a shot of adrenaline just to keep me awake.

For those who maybe wernt readers and didn't know about the Egypt work, here are some photos from the trip, maybe you can see what inspires me to keep doing this kind of work.

3 comments:

  1. I heard a bit about Kiwi Care's work in Egypt at NZPCA conference in June - it was pretty eye-opening. Good on you. Every bit counts, and every horse you work on will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for what you do.
    I will be following this post from now on.
    Feel free to come by and visit mine at
    herdlife.blogspot.com
    I am not saving wild horses, but I have taken in some problem horses, and either found them forever homes, or have kept them myself. I am currently working on rehabing a stringhalt horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about the work you did in Egypt in the Horse& Pony Magazine. I think it's really awesome what you are doing for those horses.

    ReplyDelete