Monday, February 7, 2011

Should i stay or should i go???

I have been told that my last few posts i wrote, are more like essays, than blogs, and a bit long to be easy to read. So ill try and keep them a bit shorter from now on....



So here's a question.... The Kaimanawa Wild Horse Welfare trust is having there annual show. It's at then end of this month, so i have only a few days left to do entries. Its the same weekend as i had scheduled another show for my eventing horse to go to.

Which one do o choose??



I really would love to attend the, wild horse show, because


  1. I think the KWHWT do a really great job placing horses in good homes and set up a good support network for those who take on the horses from the wild, and i would like to support them

  2. Would be great to get my wild stallion out and about, i love showing off my horses. But also to see other Kaimanawas and get to know a bit more about the breed.

  3. Its closer than the other show, cheaper to enter, and would be for me, more of a fun event, about participating rather, than serious competition that my career depends on...

But the other show, would give me a chance to gain a qualifying score, for the national three day event, although i could possibly do another show later in the season to qualify. I'm also quite a competitive person, although i love my stallion, not sure hes wining material, and hasn't been ridden long enough to realistically have a chance for the ridden classes. Also traveling, is slightly more challenging with a stallion, if they don't have suitable yards at the show i would have to find somewhere to stay...as being so far away i would definitely have to travel down the day before.....But overall these are all solvable problems



i just cant make up my mind.....


Also how are u meant to show them, ie, in their natural state, with long manes and feathers on their feet. Or are they meant to look like a show horse plaited and trimmed?


I have put Matai on a show horse diet and have been giving him extra grooming each day so he'l be in tip top condition, just in case....