Friday, October 12, 2012

Marathon

I don't know what's happened recently, but every time I sit down to type out a post, I get interrupted. Another job comes up, exhaustion sets in, I run out of time, whatever it is, I've started a hundred different posts, on a variety of topics, but haven't finished any.

It's no secret I'm always busy, but the last six months have been some of the busiest of my life. I check my calendar and another week seems to have gone past,the end of the year is marching ever closer. Running riding camps, training horses, keeping the farm from falling to pieces, doing charity work,finishing my diploma by correspondence , I barely have time to think let alone write. Then I did something even stupider than normal, I entered a half marathon. So now I have added running to my list of things I must to do each day. I have one month before the race, plenty of time to get fit... Good joke, I haven't run in years, like since high school, and currently running two kilometers let alone the required 21k is a challenge.. Apparently horse riding fit, does not equal running fit, unfortunately.

This fit of madness was brought about, because we were throwing around ideas for more fundraising for Kiwi Care Team ( animal charity that Ive worked with in Egypt and Fiji this year), someone said lets do a marathon, and I said "yes". It's all for a good cause right ? it'll will be worth the extra effort, and the high possibility my legs won't ever function normally again after completing the event.

But now I need your help. To make it worth torturing my body, and it's not just me a whole group of us are running it to help raise awareness, I need people to sponsor me, any amount of will do and it all goes to Kiwi Care Team. To keep everyone updated I'll put photos up, as proof that I actually ran it, also so everyone can have a good chuckle at my pain, hopefully keep you all entertained.

So if you are interested in sponsoring (lets face it i need all the encouragement i can get right now) email me at chloesponys@hotmail.com

Check out www.facebook.com/KiwiCareTeam

Or if your interested in running it yourself , as part of KCT fundraising and meeting the team, we'll give you a t-shirt for your efforts, all you have to do us enter and get some sponsors yourself. Give me an email and I'll pass on details!

Oh and all the wild horses are doing great, I'll try and update everyone soon, but right now I gota run....

No comments:

Post a Comment